There are a lot of different body scrubs on the market, but I find they either irritate my skin, or have a bunch of weird ingredients that somehow make them more expensive; therefore, I’ve opted to making my own. There’s plenty of recipes out there, but I like the simpler ones, and they only take a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. I’ve made a list of my favorite scrubs, so you can try them out. (I’ve found these recipes from the internet, and while I don’t take credit for creating them, I have altered them some)
- Coffee and Coconut Oil Body Scrub: This is by-far my absolute favorite on this list! It smells amazing!
- 1 cup ground coffee (I prefer to not use flavored)
- 1 cup organic sugar or salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
-Directions: Melt coconut oil and allow to cool, not solidify, mix all ingredients together (store in an airtight container; I use a small mason jar)
2. Mint Sugar Scrub: I use this every once in a while, and I love it. The smell of the mint is very refreshing and my skin feels so good afterwards. (I also really like to use this around the holidays when everything is pepperminty)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring (to give it a pretty mint green color)
Directions: Melt coconut oil and allow to cool, not solidify, mix in all other ingredients ( if the mixture is too runny, add more sugar or if its too dry, add more coconut oil until you get the consistency you want), store in airtight container or mason jar.
3. Herbal Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub:
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
(optional: 15 drops lemon essential oil, 15 drops lavender essential oil)
Directions: Mix all ingredients together, adding the essential oils last.
4. Oatmeal and Honey Body Scrub: If you’re like me and love all things oatmeal and honey, then you’ll love this scrub!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup oil (the recipe calls for baby oil, but I use coconut oil)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
Directions: Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container or mason jar (if using coconut oil, warm the oil before mixing)